Tuesday 2 November 2010

Marketing Films



This is the trailer for paranormal activity 2 being show at the multiplex cinemas. The film comes out on Friday the 22nd October and is an American film. The target audience of this film is both genders between the ages of 15 - 19 because it is a 15 rating so people under the age of 15 cannot see it and I think that people over the age of 19 would find the story line unbelievable and silly. This film would appeal to me because I like the genre horror/thriller and because I have seen the first film I am interested in watching the second film. The trailer does justice for the film because it is scary, which means that the film is most likely to be scary as well. People who like this genre of film will go and watch it. The trailer could put some people off because they could think that all of the good parts of the film are shown in the trailer therefore it would be pointless going to see the film. Also people who didn't like the first film are not necessarily going to be convinced by the trailer. The trailer is shown from a video camera and this could make people more interested in seeing the film because it could be as if they are shooting it from behind the camera watching everything that is happening first hand. The sounds in the trailer make the film seem every more scary because it builds tension and the cuts in the trailer to the  next scene are accompanied with a camera sound which shows that this could have happened in real life making the film seem even scarier and people wanting to watch it more.



This is the trailer for the film Despicable me that was released on the , also being shown at multiplex cinemas. The target audience for this film is the younger audience aged around 7 - 11 that are males. This is because of the action element in the film and it is not the sort of thing that most younger girls would like to see. I think that the trailer would put me off watching the film because I am not interested in the genre animation. The trailer is appealing to the audience it is targeting because it has elements in that younger children will find funny but as an older audience I wouldn't find as amusing as I would have been as a young child. Although when I saw the trailer I was interested in the film so I looked it up and read more about it. I think that the storyline of the film doesn't appeal to me because I am not interested in animation crime films where someone is planning to do something out of the ordinary that is a complete fantasy. The music in the trailer is upbeat which would appeal to the audience that it is targeting because it doesn't get boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment